Health & Fitness

For the love of Green Tea | Health and Fitness

August 5, 2017
greentea

Hey loves… so, it is weekend, Yay! 🙂 Who doesn’t like weekends? I love weekends, not because I wouldn’t be working, I will be, but it will be more fun, it’s weekend, working from home, with less fancy clothes, hello!

Did I ever mention that I am not a coffee person? Yes, now you know. I was a big fan of coffee, six months ago or so! The smell of it was so refreshing, I still find it refreshing I just don’t drink it anymore!

So, that being said I am happy to officially announce that I am a tea person, a dedicated one if you may. There is something about tea (chai in Swahili) that I like, it so calming, refreshing and healthy at the same time.

I have been drinking black tea since I was very you, my mother is a tea person from the heart so tea was always available in the kitchen.

After going to college and staying on my own I switched from black tea to coffee, well the busy life of college comes with the need for some caffeine in coffee to keep you going.

After college, I changed my life to healthy eating and fitness then I switched back to tea but this time it wasn’t black tea, it was herbal teas, specifically green tea or hibiscus tea with no sugar.

These have been my go to and I have never looked back. And here is why I love green tea which I drink at least two cups every day: you can read about why hibiscus tea is good for you here.

Why green tea is my go to;

green tea

I do it for the fun of it

Drinking tea is fun, drinking anything is fun 🙂 unless that something will make you go crazy and lose your mind or waking up with a hell of a hangover.

For me when I drink my tea I get some thinking going on in my mind, I make some of my important decisions or not so important decision when I have a cup in my hand. It is refreshing and makes me focus for some time and I like that.

I do it for my skin

So, I love my skin. Even though I have been having some issues with it recently but I still love it. With all these issues I have had green has been there to help as I mentioned I drink at least two cups every day. Green tea help with inflammatory, acne and reduces wrinkles and it is anti-bacterial.

So if you have some issues with your skin you should definitely try switching to green tea. It takes some time to show results but I assure you, it helps.

Shed some weight

If you are looking to shed some weight away, then green tea should be your go to drink. I have been drinking green tea for a long time now, even though I switch to hibiscus sometime I can say I have managed to stay at the same weight for quite some time now. I exercise at least 3 times a week but still, I think green tea helps as well.

Green tea can prevent cancer

Green tea is said to be helpful in preventing quite a number of cancer types. Cancer is no joke if a few cups of green tea can help prevent this monster why not dedicate yourself to drinking it at least a cup or two every day? Besides it is no hard work, it is tea, hello!

Cancers like that of skin, lung, ovarian, breast, stomach and prostate can be prevented by green tea. This gives me more reasons to love green tea every day.

This is not a guarantee that you can prevent it 100% but even if it’s only 1% wouldn’t you give it a go? You have nothing to lose!

I do It for my heart

green tea and heart

I love the sound of my heart beat whenever I get up in the morning, I know it is another day of life, another chance to keep on living! Do you know how much work your heart is doing to make sure you wake up in the morning? Before you continue reading this, show some respect and say thank you for the hard work.

To show that you mean what you just said get yourself a few cups of green tea today as a gratitude token for your heart.

It is said that people who drink at least 5 cups of green tea every day have a significantly lower risk of dying of heart diseases than those who drink less than one cup a day.

So, you still don’t want to drink a cup of green tea at least once a day? Come on, it is the least you can do for your body considering everything that is doing for you.
What is your go to herbal tea? Leave a comment below.

Reference:here

Until our next talk,

JS 🙂

pinit fg en rect red 28 - For the love of Green Tea | Health and Fitness

You Might Also Like

25 Comments

• Reply Meiah | My Crazy Hectic Life October 31, 2017 at 3:11 pm

I love this! I’m a college student now and sometimes I still have coffee. I used to drink a lot, but I actually got rid of my Keurig and haven’t looked back. Tea is definitely the way to go ๐Ÿ™‚ !

• Reply Chrissy August 9, 2017 at 7:09 pm

Love this! I’m a fellow green tea lover, and it’s just so good for you! I love the benefits it has and it tastes so amazing!

Reply Jane August 14, 2017 at 6:17 am

Yey! ๐Ÿ™‚ welcome to the club, Chrissy

• Reply Lana August 9, 2017 at 12:09 pm

I m a green tea fan too! I love jasmine green tea so much, I always add a mil or a spoon of honey in it and enjoy!
    I always try to drink less coffee and drink tea really helps me in it!

Reply Jane August 14, 2017 at 6:16 am

I will give the Jasmine green tea a try. Thanks Lana ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply Sheree August 9, 2017 at 5:43 am

I’m actually drinking green tea right now! It has so many great health benefits and doesn’t stain your teeth like black or red tea.

xo Sheree
    Posh Classy Mom

Reply Jane August 14, 2017 at 6:16 am

Thank you for stopping by, Sheree ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply Candace August 9, 2017 at 2:08 am

Green tea is one of my favorite beverages as well. I always make a pitcher of it for my family and stick it in the fridge, but I can enjoy it hot as well. Another fave of mine is ginger tea!

Reply Jane August 14, 2017 at 6:15 am

That’s very good Candace ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply Glenny August 8, 2017 at 2:16 pm

I should def go back to drinking green tea again! I went from green tea, to matcha to back to coffee lol! I think it’s because tea doesn’t keep me awake as much as coffee does ๐Ÿ™ Matcha def helped but I can’t make that at home lol

Reply Jane August 14, 2017 at 6:05 am

You should, Glenny. So refreshing.

• Reply Candy August 7, 2017 at 7:13 pm

Growing up in Japan, green tea has always been my go-to drink. So many benefits to drinking green tea. However, I do love the smell of a fresh pot of coffee!

Reply Jane August 8, 2017 at 7:25 am

Yes to the smell of coffee ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply Nay August 7, 2017 at 4:07 pm

I used to love tea and coffee but I have a heart condition which means I am no longer allowed caffeine. Does green tea have caffeine in? I’d like to change up my usual fruit teas!

Reply Jane August 8, 2017 at 7:30 am

Hi Nay, am sorry to hear about your heart condition, hope you get better soon. It has very small amount of caffeine and it is recommended for a healthy heart. Talk to your doctor she might recommend it.

• Reply Leanne Brookes August 7, 2017 at 11:50 am

I love green tea, especially matcha green tea. The stronger the better, especially since I gave up coffee. Thanks for sharing, Leanne

Reply Jane August 8, 2017 at 7:26 am

ooh Yes, the stronger the better. Thank you for stopping by, Leanne

• Reply Cassandra Rose August 6, 2017 at 11:17 pm

Drinking green tea has totally changed my life for the better! I alternate between mint, ginger and green tea in the mornings and have noticed how much healthier my skin (and face) looks.

Reply Jane August 7, 2017 at 4:25 am

I totally agree, Cassandra. It has changed my skin too.. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply nefeli August 5, 2017 at 3:17 pm

Since I am a tea lover I enjoyed your article a lot. Benefits of tea are good to be mentioned because from t.v and advertisement people used to drink a lot of coffee. Thanks for sharing.

Reply Jane August 7, 2017 at 4:28 am

You are so right Nefeli

• Reply Kathleen August 5, 2017 at 11:55 am

I love tea. I just have to be careful because the mediction I am on can have a bad reaction if I have too much caffeine. This is why I stopped drinking coffee.

I love that you mentioned all the benefits of green tea, I think that a lot of people forget those! Especially the weight loss. (Obviously it has to be combined with a healthy diet, and exercise to make a difference, but I find that when I replaced sugary sweet tea with green tea my weight loss was a easier to achieve.)

Reply Jane August 7, 2017 at 4:27 am

I agree with you Kathleen, Thank you for stopping by. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply Tianna August 5, 2017 at 11:45 am

I love herbal teas! Try double dipping with cranberry and green tea, sooooo nice!

Reply Jane August 7, 2017 at 4:25 am