Relationships

What Comes to my Mind when I Think of Marriage

August 21, 2017
marriage

Well, I see everyday people get married, they seem happy really happy and I get excited for them… I think of how happy they are and I smile because it feels great, I mean this whole thing of marriage just excites me to the extent of praying for every newly wedded couple and wish my best to them.

At this point, my mind thinks of every happy thing for the two couple who now become one person! I mean imagine this possibility of two people becoming one, for better or worse, for health and for sickness…together till death do us apart! If this doesn’t excite you perhaps you should think again!

Imagine two different individuals, from different background and different culture, well sometimes different beliefs living under the same roof! This has to be one of the toughest decisions there is, but worth it.

Leaving your family behind and starting to build a whole new family with a total stranger, whom you have known for maybe a year or 2, five sometimes or 10 and in some cases 6 months! It is such a noble thing if you think about it.

Remember your sister or brother whom you have known your whole life and you couldn’t put up with sometimes, s/he drove you crazy at some point and you thought of all possible bad things you could do to them but in the end you couldn’t do it because you love them too much and they make life all much better.

marriage

I think like your family, your sister and your brother, your mother, and your father… how you put up with their flaws and how they put up with yours (you can’t say you are any perfect) it will be the same with your other half (maybe a little different) but both of you will have to learn how to accept each other, love each other, celebrate the similarities you both have and of course respect the differences, after all these are what make all of us who we are!

As noble as this institution sounds, there are things you should really take into consideration before you decide to sign up for it!

Choosing the perfect imperfect person for you is quite important of all; choose the wrong person you are definitely going to end up in hell. Or if you sign up for this institution for the wrong reasons, you will end up at the same destination, hell!

Ask yourself, what are your reasons to want to be part of this institution, are they strong enough to help you create a beautiful and a happy family? Are you happy enough to share it with someone else? Do you love yourself enough to love another person for the rest of your life? Are you ready to build something greater than yourself?

Marriage is a beautiful thing, waking up with the same person every morning, loving the same person over and over; growing together, building a beautiful future together, annoy the same person as many times as possible and still find ways to have fun with them, who wouldn’t want this?

Do you want a long lasting relationship? read here. 🙂

It is only in the marriage where you can be who you are without being worried about what that person will think of you, in this institution you won’t have to hide your flaws or imperfections and pretend to be somebody you are not, you won’t be judged! After all isn’t this what you both signed up for? For better or for worse?

marriage

Remember your vows; to love each other, respect each other, encourage each other, comfort each other, accept each other, understand and listen, help each other grow to better people and most importantly learn how to truly forgive and forget.

Marriage gives you a chance to be many things at the same time! You can be childish at some point, sometimes you are that stubborn teenager, other times you are that total responsible adult! You are a mother, father, a friend, a daughter, a son; well you are many things in one person!

So, what comes to my mind when I think of marriage, you ask? Well, many things come to my mind, but most times come; love, happiness, forgiveness, understanding, listening, presence and togetherness.

When I think of marriage, I think of two brave people who have decided to choose to love one person every single day, to forgive, to comfort and to build a family with love.

Marriage is a gift to grow and create!

JS 🙂

pinit fg en rect red 28 - What Comes to my Mind when I Think of Marriage

You Might Also Like

20 Comments

• Reply Anisa August 25, 2017 at 12:17 pm

Beautiful post and so timely for me since I just recently got married!

• Jane
      Reply Jane August 30, 2017 at 10:30 am

Congrats, Anisa

• Reply Chrissy August 23, 2017 at 8:27 pm

This is a beautifully written post! Personally, I’m a little conflicted about marriage as I don’t consider myself traditional. However, that doesn’t mean I don’t think it should be done. Marriage is definitely something wonderful after all. πŸ™‚

• Jane
      Reply Jane August 30, 2017 at 10:34 am

I agree, Chrissy πŸ™‚

• Reply Shasga August 23, 2017 at 11:30 am

Beautiful post! I’ve been married for 8 years and its been amazing. Many people disregard how sacred marriage is so its beautiful to read your post which is a great reminder.

• Reply Candace August 23, 2017 at 9:55 am

What a great way to look at marriage! I’m actually getting married next fall and my fiancΓ© and I have a lot of time to think about it before we actually tie the knot. We’re definitely both happy though πŸ™‚

• Reply Glenny August 23, 2017 at 5:20 am

Love the post! Marriage shouldn’t be taken lightly and I see so many people go through marriages like it’s no big deal, sometimes I wonder how they can do it! It took me a while to settle but I recently married my life partner and best friend I can’t wait to celebrate our wedding w everyone in the near future

• Reply sheree August 22, 2017 at 7:21 pm

This is such a beautiful post. It reminded me of why people are married for 30, 40, 50 years! Marriage is a life time commitment and takes a LOT of work and dedication between two different people to work out their differences and make things work for them. Thanks for this great read.

xo Sheree
    Posh Classy Mom

• Reply Lana August 22, 2017 at 6:55 am

A long time ago my father gave me an advice that you should only marry for no reason but love. I mean a lot of people decide to get married for a million of reasons: because they feel lonely, can’t stand by their own, because parents and society push them, etc.
    I think you have to be sure, that other person is not here to solve your problems, but to love you and take care of you.

• Jane
      Reply Jane August 22, 2017 at 7:22 am

You are right Lana, things usually go wrong when you marry for the wrong reasons.

• Reply Nay August 22, 2017 at 6:44 am

This is a lively post! I couldn’t agree more. Marriage is extremely important and shouldn’t be entered into lightly, and I say this as a divorcΓ©e. I rushed into marriage to the wrong person and would never make that mistake again.

• Jane
      Reply Jane August 22, 2017 at 7:24 am

I hear you, Nay. Choosing a person to spend the rest of your life with shouldn’t be taken lightly. I am sorry you had to go through a divorce. I hope you are fine now.

• Reply Leanne Brookes August 21, 2017 at 7:53 pm

I love being married, but it’s definitely a struggle sometimes. I got married quite young and have been with my husband since we were teenagers. We’ve grown up together and he’s my best friend! Lovely post! Thanks for sharing

• Jane
      Reply Jane August 22, 2017 at 7:25 am

You seem to have a happy married life, I am happy for you, Leanne πŸ™‚

• Reply Candy August 21, 2017 at 5:22 pm

I definitely think marriage shouldn’t be taken lightly. Being fully committed from the beginning is so important! The questions you ask are so important and questions everyone should definitely ask themselves.

• Jane
      Reply Jane August 22, 2017 at 7:25 am

I totally agree, Candy πŸ™‚

• Reply JM Kayne August 21, 2017 at 7:49 am

This is such an inspirational read. When all the world seemed to show us a different meaning of this very special word, we need this kind of reminder. For me, Marriage is a gift from God, it is the beginning of the smallest unit of the society – where family comes from.

This is Lovely!

God bless you Jane!

JM Kayne | #InMyHeartβ™₯

• Jane
      Reply Jane August 22, 2017 at 7:27 am

You are so right Kayne, Thank you for stopping by. It is always nice to receive a comment from you. πŸ™‚

• Reply Stacey August 21, 2017 at 6:00 am

Such a lovely post, marriage is most definitely a precious gift but a difficult one at that. A really lovely read, thank you πŸ™‚

• Jane
      Reply Jane August 21, 2017 at 6:09 am

I totally agree, Stacey. It needs full commitment. Thank you for stopping by πŸ™‚